In order to participate in tryouts, practices, and games, students must maintain an average of 70 or above.
If a student-athlete's grades fall below 70, students will be suspended from the team.....
State law requires that all potential student-athletes have a medical examination within 365 days prior to the first practice/tryout date. In addition to the medical form that is filled out by your doctor, a Medical history form must be filled out and signed by parents for each season.
Prior to tryouts and practice, parent/guardians must also sign forms acknowledging receipt of the
Concussion in Youth Sports flyer and the Sudden Cardiac Death pamphlet.
All forms are available under the "Important Documents" section of the Athletics website.
Students must be in school by 10:30AM, for 4 hours of instruction to tryout, practice, or play in a school sanctioned activity.
Participation in Physical Education Class
Students must change for Physical Education class, participate in class, and change back into
their school clothes in order to participate in tryouts, practices, and games.
Player Code of Conduct:
•Players are expected to attend all practices, games, and team functions
• Players may not swear or use abusive language on the bench, on the field or at any team function.
• Players may not lash out or abuse any official, regardless of the circumstances. The coaching staff will handle all matters pertaining to officiating.
•Players are expected to treat all opponents, officials, coaches and fans with the utmost respect at all times.
• Players are to conduct themselves in a proper manner at all fields, facilities and at team functions.
• Players are expected to act with the utmost sportsmanship in all situations.
• Challenger teams play the game with respect and dignity regardless of the situation or outcome.
• Players are expected to always act as a member of the cooperative team, place the interests of the team above those of the individual and maintain a sense of honor, trust, integrity and loyalty.
Parent Code of Conduct:
•Parents are expected to maintain the highest levels of sportsmanship at all times
• Parents are expected to treat the coaches, players, opponents, officials and fans with dignity and respect at all times.
• Parents are not to use inappropriate language at any time
• Parents are expected to support their team through positive actions only, such as cheering or clapping. Taunting, criticizing or abusing the players, opponents, coaches and/or officials in any way will not be tolerated.
• Parents are not to address or criticize the officiating in any way; the coaching staff will handle all matters pertaining to this issue. Harassment of officials never changes a call and can only have a negative impact on the game.
• Parents are expected to watch all games and/or practices in the appropriate “spectator’s area” and to maintain proper distance from the player’s bench and/or practice area. This will allow the players to maintain their focus on the coach(es) at all times and maximize their learning experience.
• Valley Middle School Athletics has adopted and will enforce the “24 Hour Rule”. Parents are not to discuss any game or practice situations with the coaches. If there is a situation you feel strongly about, we ask that you wait 24 hours before bringing it to the attention of the coaches and/or athletic coordinator This will allow everyone the time and distance to place the issue in perspective and also remove any such discussions away from the players and team.