The annual Oakland Public Schools registration for Kindergarten/Grade 1 Students (New to the District) and Safety Town is scheduled for Monday, January 16, 2017 from 1:30PM-3:30PM and Tuesday, January 17, 2017 from 9:30AM-11:30AM. It is important that registration be completed on these dates at the school that the student will attend.Please provide the following documents when a child is presented for registration in the District:
At least two of the following documents certifying residence in the District:
- A certified birth certificate for the child or other proof of the child's identity (e.g. passport).
- Children are eligible for Kindergarten if they are five years old by October 1, 2017. At registration, parents may also register entering kindergarteners for the Summer 2017 Safety Town Program.
- Children are eligible for Grade 1 if they are six years old by October 1, 2017. This registration is only for those families who have a child attending a nonpublic kindergarten program this year, and plan to have their child attend our District's Grade 1 next year.
Please visit the Registration Forms page to download the required forms.
- Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords;
- Voter registrations, licenses (only when combined with another form of proof), current utility bills;
- Court orders, State agency agreements, and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives;
- Receipts, bills, canceled checks, insurance claims or payments;
- Medical reports, counselor or social worker assessments, employment documents, unemployment claims, benefit statements;
- Affidavits, certifications and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance, from the parent, legal guardian, person, person keeping an affidavit student;
- Proof of current immunizations for the child.