Program Overview and Book Circulation Policy
The library media program guides children in the learning of the following age appropriate skills, while striving to nurture a love of reading and curiosity in the world around them.
General Skills Overview
- Proper care of books and other library materials
- Use of books and electronic media for both information and pleasure
- Development of information literacy via the use of print/non-print resources and technology
- Appreciation of various literary genres: fantasy, folk tales, mysteries, biographies, historical fiction, science fiction, poetry, periodicals and non-fiction
- Development of good listening skills through questioning and discussion
- Outlining, note taking, and bibliographic skills
- Age appropriate biographical studies that foster tolerance and respect for the multicultural society in which we live
- Observance of patriotic holidays and American civics
Library Circulation Policy
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 - Students borrow books weekly.
- Grades 2 through 5 - Students borrow every other week.
- K-1 Books due back weekly during the library period.
- Gr. 2-5 may return weekly during the library period.
- There are no fines for late returns, however, lost books will require payment for replacement value.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-337-5822, if I can be of any assistance to you or your child in the selection of library materials. For further information and resources, visit my Teacherweb page at www.oaklandschoolsnj.org.
Thank you, Ms. Miggels