Welcome to Ms. Wilson's Class!
Special Area Schedule
MONDAY - LIBRARY
TUESDAY - ART
WEDNESDAY - MUSIC
THURSDAY - P.E.
FRIDAY - P.E.
We are currently working on the following subject matter this month:
READING: Using reading super powers
WRITING: Writing "how to" books
SCIENCE: Washing hands, avoiding colds
SOCIAL STUDIES: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Please check your child's homework folder daily for assignments and notices. Homework folders should be returned daily.
- Practice reading and rereading the Decodable Readers for fluency.
- Below is a list of letters that we will target. The bolded ones are the one(s) we are working on currently: Mm, Tt, Bb, Aa, Nn, Pp, Ss, Ii, Ll, Oo, Ff, Dd, Kk, Jj, Hh, Ee, Gg, Cc, Rr, Uu, Vv, Zz, Qq, Ww, Xx, Yy. We finished all!
- Please keep the baggie with the flashcards of "Popcorn Words" (sight words) in the pocket of the homework folder. Add the new flashcards to the baggie. Practice the words often, so that the words "pop" into your child's mind and then your child can spell the word aloud and by writing.
- Below is a list of the flashcards that we will be learning this year. The ones bolded are the ones we are working on currently:
- List A: I am the can me a see my at we to an and can on up like so no go in is it do he you
- List B: how make put are play by for get look they will too all be fun day did this come got went had ball was as has her him
- List C: eat if jump man or not mom out now sat ran of she read run sit say his us then
- List D: yes saw girl when have about from than your away them came big been after who back I'm because very could have make into mother just any there were
MONDAY: Read; review popcorn flashcards. Complete reading and math pages.
TUESDAY: Read; review popcorn flashcards. Complete reading and math pages.
WEDNESDAY: Read; review popcorn flashcards. Complete reading and math pages.
THURSDAY: Read; review popcorn flashcards. Complete reading and math pages.
FRIDAY: Read; review popcorn flashcards. Complete reading and math pages.
Thank you for your support!