Welcome to the Oakland Public School District Registration Information
Registration for Kindergarten Students
All kindergarten students must be 5 on or before October 1st. Please bring 2 proof-of-residency documents. Proof of the child’s current immunizations. The necessary forms are available from the download section of this webpage. You must contact the secretary at the school your child will be attending if you have any questions and to make an appointment.
First, complete the Online Pre-registration by clicking on the "Pre-registration link" page, you will then need the following required documents to be printed, completed, and brought with you to your appointment:
- Registration Form
- If renting, an original lease, dated and signed, effective during the current school year. If no original lease available, Affidavit forms are available on the website. They must be signed and notarized and a copy of the owner's deed or tax bill attached.
- If the resident owns the home, a recorded deed is required or a copy of a current tax bill/statement.
- A copy of a current utility bill (i.e., PSE&G, House Phone, Water, Cable) with the name of the Oakland residency shown. If you have just moved in, please provide a work order for one of the above.
- Proof of parental guardianship.
- Birth Certificate (original) of the child, if born in the U.S. Passport only if born outside the U.S. Children shall be admitted to kindergarten provided he/she will have attained the age of five years on or before October 1 of the year in which admission is requested.
- A Physical Examination Form and Immunization Form with up-to-date immunizations must be provided and reviewed by the school nurse before the student may enter school
- Home Language Survey form
Dogwood Hill Elementary School, 25 Dogwood Drive, Oakland NJ 07436 201-337-5822
Heights Elementary School, 114 Seminole Avenue, Oakland NJ 07436 201-337-4147
Manito Elementary School, 111 Manito Avenue, Oakland, NJ 07436 201-337-6106