Second Grade Homework
1. Spelling is given Monday-Thursday. Students will receive words on Monday. Students will follow the option assigned for that day using the provided spelling words. Students will study during the week and take the spelling test on Friday. The assigned options are listed below.
Monday:Cut and Sort: Cut out spelling words and sort them according to the rule/word boss.
Tuesday-Thursday:Word Study Menu Choice: Select an activity from the Word Work Study Menu. Try to rotate the activities to keep things fun! Challenge yourself by using different words from your list for each activity. Complete activities on the provided paper. For activities that do not require handwritten work, please have a parent/guardian sign on the line provided.
2. Math is given Monday-Thursday. Students complete worksheet or workbook page.
3. Vocabulary is given Monday-Thursday. Students follow the option assigned for that day using the provided vocabulary list. The assigned options are listed below.
Monday-Define each vocabulary word.
Tuesday-Use each vocabulary word in a sentence.
Wednesday- Put the vocabulary words in ABC order.
Thursday-Draw a picture for each vocabulary word.
4. Reading Calendar-Students should try to read each day. Students may read books from home or use books in book pouches. Once the student has read, a parent or guardian should initial that day on the calendar. Reading Calendars are due every Friday morning.
5. Science and Social Studies are given occasionally.
6. All tests and Quizzes will be sent home. Please sign them and return when they are due.